We strive to bring together entrepreneurs, governmental and civil authorities, charities and facilitating and funding organizations to convert discarded plastic into useful durable products that do not return to the waste stream. Our goal is to work with these stakeholders for the benefit of these stakeholders.
Our volunteers do the following:
- Identify “up-cycling” equipment, processes and products to convert the plastic waste stream into valuable products.
- Acquire funding through grants and crowd funding.
- Identify required tests and arrange for adherence to quality control.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Coordinate the use of existing collection sites to make plastic available for up-cycling.
- Sort and prepare plastic for up-cycling.
- Enable existing companies or entrepreneurs to profit from the sale of up-cycled products.
- Keep the public informed.
We hope to create a model system for up-cycling plastic that can be replicated by any community in the United States.